Are you ready for some football? Super Bowl Sunday is finally here and with this festive day comes parties and fun! Here are 10 tips to keep the party stress free and upbeat!
1. If you are not a big fan of football, be aware that you are in the minority and therefore need to learn to be quiet during the game. If you must speak, do it away from the t.v. and in small whispers!
2. If you are a guest in someone’s home, don’t show up empty handed, bring a hostess gift. Flowers, nachos, nuts and a beverage make great gifts. You don’t need to blow the bank.
3 If it’s a meal, remember your dining etiquette but if it is munchies, don’t pile handfuls of nuts into your mouth. Pace yourself and make sure everyone gets to sample the fare.
4. If you are consuming alcohol,you don’t want to drink too much. There is no “life of the party” when everyone is trying to watch the game. If you are prone to marathon drinking, alternate your drink with a glass of water. And don’t drink on an empty stomach.
5. Don’t ask too many questions during the game. If you are not familiar with how football is played, do some homework before either on the web or ask a friend so you aren’t asking questions during every single play. Nothing is more annoying.
6. If you are in a group that do not want to watch the game and you are carefully ensconced in a private room, stay clear of conversations that include gossip, sex, politics and religion. And if it is a company party, stay away from work topics. Try favorite foods, restaurants, vacations, benign topics that are not hot buttons.
7. If you are bored, help the host with tidying up. You can refresh drinks, clean up plates, wash dishes.
8. If your team loses, be a good sport and congratulate those who rooted for the opposing team. (I’m Canadian and I am use do doing this with the Maple Leafs!)
9. Don’t ask for leftover food or drinks when leaving the party.
10. Call or write the host the next day and thank them for such a wonderful time!